Friday 5 February 2016

 INFORMAL LETTERS

Read the letter

Dear Sophie,

Thanks a lot for your letter. I’m sorry I didn’t reply sooner but I’ve been on holiday in Italy. I had a wonderful time and want to show you all my photos when I see you!

Anyway, I was wondering if you’d like to come to a small dinner party at my house on Saturday 23rd at 8pm. Sam and Julie will be there an two other friends that you don’t know. Do let me know if you can come.

I hope you can!

Looking forward to seeing you very soon.

Love, Steve

Answer the questions:

1. Why hasn’t Steve written to Sophie before now?
2. What is the main reason for writing to Sophie now?
3. How many people will be at the party?
4. What does Steve want Sophie to do?



Mark these ways of starting and ending letters formal (F) or informal (I):
- Dear Sarah __                                                         - Yours faithfully __
- Dear Sir/Madam __                                                 - Love, __
- Dear Mr. Davies __                                                  - Best wishes __
- Yours sincerely, __


No comments:

Post a Comment